the woman with eight kids?

i saw the post and this got me to thinking, we are all ok with someone having eight kids at once but then we gripe about others having kids to just be on welfare.

so what is the difference? there is no way this women will be able to foot the bill from the hospital so she will have to seek help from the government, so why are we not upset??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 12:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally find it quite disturbing that a woman who has given birth to 6 children already (which would lead me to assume that she is in fact fertile) would undergo fertility treatments. To me, that is a very, very selfish thing to do, considering the fact that there are women who spend years and years and tons of their own money to try to have ONE child and fail. To them, this must hurt.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am upset. I hope she doesn't need welfare to take care of them....I heard on the news this morning she already had six children...why did she need/want so many more?
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• it is not assuming unless she is a millionaire there is no way she can cover the hospital bill, it is common sense. and even if she has insurance it still will not cover the total cost.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• STOP WITH THIS BS ALREADY. NONE OF US KNOW HER STORY, STOP JUDGING, STOP ASSUMING AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am taking care of my own kids but i know from experience what it cost to have a preemie baby and how fast those bills rack up.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is her reproductive right, whether or not we agree. No one knows her true situation so the judgements of her that are being posted are based on speculation. What do we think of Jon & Kate Plus Eight or the Duggars who recently welcomed their 18th child? These people would not be able to do it without assistance if they were not on television. How do we know that she doesn't get help from her church? She lives with her parents so that would eliminate assistance for child care. We don't know what her plans are as far as raising her children are concerned so we should let her live her life the same as everyone else until it affects another person individually.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It is our business if she goes on welfare and us taxpayers are paying for it. Or the fact that there are too many people on this planet already and we can't feed them all, sure, let everyone have as many kids as they want, get tax breaks. She doesn't have to have more kids and have everyone else help her. It is irresponsible.
    Anonymous

• I am surprised Nancy Pelosi doesn't march into her hospital room and give her a good firm "talk'n" to about population control... ;oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i am i am just stating facts unless her parents or herself are millionaires then where are they going to come up with the money for kids that will be spending plenty of time in the nicu. that stuff is not free. i don't care how many kids she has i want to know why people complain about other mothers being on welfare when this mother will probably have to ask for assistance for the medical bills for her children. it comes from tax payers money..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

i was just wondering the same thing!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If taxpayer money is being spent on this it is our business. If not, more power to her. Although I'm mystified as to why she took fertility drugs when she had six kids already. Doesn't sound like a fertility problem to me!

It's a strange situation. If she had these kids in order to "cash in" I think that's sick!
    Anonymous