Why do Jehovah's Witnesses do house calls?

I find it very annoying to have them always coming by my house and preaching to me.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 12:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christians gladly give public testimony to Scriptural truth. Rom. 10:10; Heb. 13:15 Isa. 43:10-12
    Go making disciples of all the nations Matt. 24:14 & Matt. 28:19

When jesus sent out his early disciples he directed them to go to the homes of people Matt 10:7 & matt 10: 11-13

Frome house to house Acts 20:20,21 also see acts 5:42

The bible say to becareful to miss no one Zeph 2:2,3

Anonymous

• Because witnesses are not supose to niss one person they feel like they must go to all of the houses just as jesus did. As christians they feel they must do as jesus does. If you ask them to make a note not to return to your home again they will not. They make notes at every house they go to . They note weather the person was home if they were or were not intrested, if they took any magazines and so forth.

So if you are not intrested just say so they will not come back the scriptures above are reasons why they do what they do.
    Anonymous

• If you ask them to make a note not to return to your home again they will not.*** I ment they will not return...
    Anonymous

• because it is part of their religion. I'm sure their are things you do in your religious practices that annoy others as well. You can ask them to stop stopping at your house, that's about it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• They stopped where I live. They got beat up .
    Anonymous

• I have to disagree with the fact that they do NOT come back. I once had a conversation with them, noting some similarities in our beliefs. Of course, they could not agree that because I was a Christian and not a Jehovah's Witness, that I did not need more of THEIR brand of faith. They kept insisting that the Bible was not enof and that I needed their own book. (This also happened with some Morman missionaries that came to my door.)

And when I told them not to return, I had to tell them several times and finally get nasty with them. Because, I kid you not, they would actually get out of a car, come to only MY door, and then get back into their car and drive away. Most of the people on my street do not attend church of any kind, and yet I was literally targeted because I gave them the time of day. It was not the same pair each time either.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 3:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We're roman catholic and have only had them come once. My mother invited them in, sat them down and then proceeded to debate them.

They never came back lol.
    Anonymous

• Some religions dictate spreading their word... so hence in needing to do so, they will go door to door... in our small town it is now a no no unless you get a permit from the city ... this has discouraged most to not go door to door, but there are other ways for them to meet you and talk.. we have had one of the minsters come and introduce hisself to us, just to invite us to his church.. we said ty with no other details...
    Another time young girls came to the door just to introduce one of their religious classes being held... I took their information and thanked them..
    I personally don't see anything wrong with it, unless talking turns into preaching then we have problems...but most times I just say not interested and good bye...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Last time they came to my house it was just a teenage boy for goodness sakes. I told him simply that I am a Pagan and I am very happy with that choice. Then I told him as a parent to be careful when going in unknown neighborhoods to take an adult with him.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• because they are a cult and want you to join their cult.. BEWARE!!! They are not Christian, the don't even believe Christ was God.. So I talked with some of them but they get really nasty with you when you start using the bible to justify the true meaning of Christ and our Savior.. I had one guy tell me that I wasn't saved and I was on drugs..lol. Then he proceeded to tell me he was a Christian.. I was like ok.. Kids stay as far away from them as possible....
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 8:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009