Visiting Gatlinburg, TN ... tell me what I should see!

will be in gatlinburg tn for a day... what should I see?

we will be near for a whole week... what should I make sure to do/see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2012 in Travel

• Here is a link. There is plenty of things to choose from.

LINK

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 4:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• The Aquarium is really nice.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• thank you djdny... I have googled around plenty... but I prefer to find out first hand what is worth the time and what is not.

have you been there? what did you like, what was worth the time and what was simply a tourist trap?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I find gatlinburg in its entirety to be a tourist trap, though still beautiful anyways. But the shops are overpriced and its hot in the summer. I didn't know there was an aquarium though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• thank you tnm.... unfortunately I MUST be there for a day. We are renting a cabin for a family reunion and the dates changed... I will be flying in a day before we are able to get into the cabin.

any suggestions on the most unique of the tourist traps??? I suppose if Im going to be there "trapped" (LOL) then I will try to find a touristy thing that is at least unique.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• My favorite thing about the area is the outlet mall shopping. I've gotten many good bargains there. Most of the best shopping is in Pigeon Forge, though, and not right in Gatlinburg.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• thanks nannyb. Im going to have to be careful.... they charge for luggage now.... I might end up spending money by trying to save money!

I dont know that I can do much shopping while on vacation.  I was thinking more of things unique to the area.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• For outdoor things, drive through Cade's Cove. We saw some black bears at the end of the trip. They have places to go whitewater rafting & river tubing. It is a fun time. The Comedy Barn, Wonderworks & the magic show are also good places. Wonderworks used to have a different show that was very funny, but I heard it changed to the magic show that used to be at another venue. We also saw the magic show & enjoyed it. Ober Gatlinburg is popular. You ride a lift up the mountain & there is an alpine slide, ski lift ride, and other things up on the mountain. Although I haven't been, Dollywood seems to be popular. They have several shopping areas in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. We went to an outlet mall & another shopping area that had a cool Christmas store & other unique shops. For restaurants, The Applewood Farmhouse restaurant is great. The Old Mill restaurant is also nice. They now have a Titanic Museum which is interesting.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2012