Is the facebook fad over?

I have a facebook account & go on it like once a month maybe not even--do you think this is a fad that has passed?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2012 in Technology

• No, it won't die out until something better replaces it. Like what happened to MySpace.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I don't use it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I am hardly on it to.. but it wont fad
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I read an article the other day that said people are getting bored with it. I find myself tired of seeing the same certain people posting over and over again.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I don't use it that often. Too much drama. It went from people posting everything they were doing to being way more selective.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• i check mine multiple times a day. makes it easier though that i have a Facebook app on my phone and get my notifications through it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I have a lot of friends and family on there- we use ita s a way to share pictures or keep in touch- or initiate play dates... Like ' Hey, we are heading to the park Saturday morning if anyone wants to join us!' or 'Carl survived Cub Scout Camp we are SO proud!' My page is pretty active with that sort of stuff!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I don't know, I still get a million notifications a day. If it is a fad that is passing none of my friends got the memo.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I think its losing its appeal.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• This facebook thing is different for everyone. There are the people that came on it after myspace died, there are people that came in because it was the new thing and then there are people like me that has been on it for YEARS.. since it first came out and it was ONLY for college studens. People like me will never see it as a fad or wait for the next new things. This is simply because we know the purpose of it and continue to use it as it was orginally intended to be used. When it first came out it was about catching up with old friends, networking or just keep relationships with people (work or school relaed) that you dont really communicate with in your everyday world.
    Anonymous