Sam's Club

Are you a member--Is it worth it?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2012 in Shopping

• We have been members for a number of years, and we have saved a great deal of money by shopping there. It's like everywhere else, you have to know your prices, or you can pay more; but over all, buying in bulk saves cash!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• We don't have a Sams Club here, wish we did!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I recently visited Sam's Club to price check. The only thing I found worth it was the bulk meat. My Aunt shops there twice a month. She buys all her can goods and cleaning supplies.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I'm more for Costco
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• It's not worth it to us because Sams Club is about 90 minutes away.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I split the membership with my brother (Costco) not Sam''s we went a couple of years without it,, but my husband wears contacts, and they are about 1/2 the price of anywhere else. We also like to buy dishwasher soap, red bull, and good meat,, all of these things are cheaper,, alos diapers,, but we don't need them anymore. At our Costco they have liquor as well, so 1 good party pays for our membership,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Well that depends. If you normally buy name brand and don't use coupons in the regular grocery store then yes Sam's saves you money. If you buy generic and/or use coupons (sams does not accept them) then it may not save you the money. I split a business membership (a little cheaper) with my SIL and it is fairly close.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Yes and I have been for over 10 years! I love it. I buy lots of things there weekly!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Yes and it is worth it for us.

My son will NOT eat breakfast. But he will drink Ensure. I buy it by the case at Sam's. It is so much cheaper! I also used to buy formula/diapers/wipes from them as well and it was cheaper. In addition, my son and husband both suffer from seasonal allergies. Member's Mark brand of generic Zyrtec is extremely cheap compared to other generic brands and it works just like Zyrtec.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• yes, and only for some things.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2012