If you were never baptized

will you still go to heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes you will still go to heaven. The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. He said "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through Him. So, if you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and accepting Him as your Savior you're going to heaven.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Different sects have different beliefs. Some believe you must be baptized to go to heaven, others believe you don't.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• More on baptism and it's purpose -
    The awesome significance of water baptism is that it symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and our identification with Him in them. The Scriptures refer to Jesus as being the last Adam (1 Corinthians 15:21-22, 45). Jesus, in His sacrifice for us, represented us. When a person receives Jesus as Lord, he identifies fully with what happened to Jesus (Romans 6:4-6). Water baptism is a physical act that should indelibly mark the mind of the person being baptized with the reality of his union with Jesus Christ.

Water baptism also gives the believer the opportunity to openly testify to others of his born-again experience. It serves as an outward sign and testimony of an inward grace. The believer has been crucified with Christ, buried with Him and raised together with Him to walk in newness of life (Galatians 2:20; Romans 6:4).
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• More on baptism -
    Jesus said in Matthew 28:19, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.”

A person must be baptized into the Body of Christ (saved) before water baptism. For without first making Jesus Lord and believing that God raised Him from the dead, water baptism would have no purpose. Water baptism is an experience after salvation to confirm and strengthen your commitment to live a godly life.

Hope this helps.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Yes...baptism is recommended in the bible but not required. When you receive Christ as Savior (the ONLY way into Heaven) you are baptized in the Holy Spirit.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• pending on the denomination.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Rev 21:1-4 i saw a new heaven and a new earth...

Ps. 37:9,11,29 evildoers themselfs will be cut off, but those hoping in god are the ones that posses the EARTH.

Matt:5:5 happy are the mild tempered ones since they WILL inherit the earth.

Matt6:9,10 ...Let your will talk place, as in heaven, also UPON EARTH

2peter 3:13there are new heavens and a new EARTH that we are awating according to his promise. Also see revelation 21 1-4

So most are not going to heaven they are going to be on earth.

Anonymous

• In my faith, Baptism is a way of publicly expressing your new life in Christ, it doesn't save you. The Bible says you are saved by faith in Jesus....nothing else, including baptism (but it is pleasing to God).
    Ephesians 2:8 For by grace we are saved through faith; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    I don't want to seem preachy.....just giving you biblical reference for my point of view.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• God will eliminate present system of things in the battle at Har–Magedon Dan. 2:44 Isa. 34:2; 55:10, 11Rev. 16:14, 16; Zeph. 3:8;

Kingdom under Christ will rule earth in righteousness and peace over the earth after armogedon. Dan.7:13, 14; Matt. 6:10 Isa. 9:6, 7; 11:1-5;

Kingdom will bring ideal living conditions to earth
    Rev. 7:9, 10, 13-17 21:3, 4 Ps. 72:1-4;

Earth will never be destroyed or depopulated
    Eccl. 1:4; Isa. 45:18; Ps. 78:69

Wicked will be eternally destroyed
    Matt. 25:41-46; 2 Thess. 1:6-9

Hope for dead is resurrection.1 Cor. 15:20-22;
    John 5:28, 29; 11:25, 26

Revalation 5-10 Priest and kings will rule over earth theese are the ONLY ones going to heaven to rule over the earth
    Anonymous

• We go away to heaven, if we weren't going away why would Jesus say I'm going away to prepare a place for You and where He is we may be also.

John 14:1."Don't let yourselves be disturbed. Trust in God and trust in me.
    2.In my Father's house are many places to live. If there weren't, I would have told you; because I am going there to prepare a place for you.
    3.Since I am going and preparing a place for you, I will return to take you with me; so that where I am, you may be also.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009