Has anyone tried the Morning Star Grillers?

I was hoping for some unbiased opinions on either the original or the prime grillers. My granddaughter wants to stop eating red meat for the most part. I don't want to spend the money without some input. It is pricey to find out she doesn't like them. She is not a picky eater. She loves spinach, asparagus, broccoli, parsnips and brussel sprouts. Any help would be great.

Asked by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Original grillers are a great mock burger. Top them with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, ketchup and mayo, and you're having a burger—it doesn't feel like a veggie burger.

Answer by SWasson at 7:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I've tried them but, my girls and I prefer Boca Burger's All-American Grillers.

Answer by 3libras at 5:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I agree with 3 libras,, boca burgers are better morning star makes a wonderful corndog! You would be hard pressed to not think it was the real thing.

Answer by kimigogo at 5:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• ive never had the grillers but their corndogs are amazing! and this is coming from myself and DH who LOOOOOOVE meat. they're almost better than the real thing!

also, has had $1 off coupons for morning star products for the past couple of weeks.

Answer by okmanders at 6:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I eat them regularly. I think they are good.

Answer by meooma at 5:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Oh yeah, the corn dogs are real good. My DDs love them better than real corn dogs. ^^^

BTW, we're not vegetarians but, vegetarian replacements are a good way to get them to eat healthier.

Answer by 3libras at 5:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I like them, we eat them on Fridays during Len. They are a bit pricey though

Answer by adnilm at 6:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• The Prime are gross. The basic grillers are good. The southwest variety is tasty but the mushroom burger is nasty. The Morningstar sausage links are my families absolute favorite. The chicken patties and bacon aren't too bad either.

Answer by Tesserae at 6:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Great input thank you all very much. We will definitely give them a try. Sounds like I might try a corndog on my GS, he loves them and I just can't give him that junk too often. I might even slide some of the sausage pased my husband. Anything to get some healthier alternatives in works for me.

Comment by GrnEyedGrandma (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2012