Anyone else ban the products in their house? I was discussing this with a friend the other day. She uses anti-bacteria wipes and hand sterlizer constantly and she pretty much said that gross for not using those products. The thing is. She and her child are -always- sick, while we rarely get sick.
Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health
Answer by midnightmoma at 12:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009
Answer by Momoftwo278 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009
You are correct, you should not use those products. Like someone else said, they kill off the normal flora that is on our skin. Constant exposure to antibacterials causes the bacteria in the environment to become resistant. That means that you've just made that strain of bacteria harder to kill as well as made your antibacterial product 100% useless. To give an example she might understand, the over-use of penicillins to treat staph infections created MRSA (Methicillin Resistant S. aureus) which is a terrible form of staph that is responsible for thousands of hospital deaths each year. VRSA is another such bacteria. We use plain old soap and water in my house and that's all you need.
Answer by NovemberLove at 1:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009
Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009
Next question overall
(Religion & Beliefs)
Do you like some contemporary christian music? (even if you are not...
Posts with Most Replies