Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help fixing my liscense...

I have quite a few old tickets that turned into warrants in 4 differant towns. I know thats bad, I was sick with cancer for a while. So i saved up some money to start paying them off. I sent out money orders and the town sent them back with the 2 warrants attached. So my question is do I send them another money order in the amount of the warrants and the summons? Im confused about how this all works. Thanks in Advance.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I was in a very similar situation. When I contacted an attorney there(the warrant was in another state), I was told their fee to represent me was going to be about $1500. I couldn't afford that. Through some connections, I was able to find out the name of the judge who was assigned to my case. I wrote him a letter, explaining what had been going on with me over the years since the warrant was issued, I explained that I regretted letting my legal problems (traffice tickets actually) go so far, etc. and asked if there was anything I could do besides turning myself in. I received a letter back a couple of weeks later from the judges secretary. All I had to do was send the money for the original tickets along with a plea by mail, and the warant was lifted. That was a whole lot cheaper than going through an attorney!
    Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • I would consult an attorney in the town, or state you received the tickets.....

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • I don't know but I have a friend who ignored her warrents and is now spending 6-9 months of this year in jail away from her kids.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009