How do u tell ur kid ur not pregnant no more?

Well when i found out i was pregnant i was telling everyone my daughter was happy anouther baby but after awhile i started to think im not ready 4 anouther kid so i got  a abortion now she still thinks im pregnant and i dont no how to tell her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell your little one that you made a mistake and that she won't be getting a new baby just yet.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Stupid, stupid, stupid. You should not have told her until you KNEW you were keeping it. Unfortunately you already did emotional harm. All you can do is lie to her and tell her that the baby was sick and that the baby is with god now or something to that effect. Or tell her the truth, her mom is irresponsible.
    Anonymous

• I hate to say it but I agree with anonymous. I had a few other thoughts come to mind but this one was nicer than what I thought.
    Anonomous said:
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. You should not have told her until you KNEW you were keeping it. Unfortunately you already did emotional harm. All you can do is lie to her and tell her that the baby was sick and that the baby is with god now or something to that effect. Or tell her the truth, her mom is irresponsible.
    Anonymous

• I... am going to remove my current feelings towards the mother and focus only on the little girl.
    I believe that rather than telling her the baby is gone, tell her that you thought you were going to have a baby but you were wrong. I would think, a 3 or 4 year old would much rather hear , mommy's wrong than hear that a baby has died.
    I would certainly get on some form of long term birth control. as she gets older you will not be able to cover your ass quite so easily.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well I think you pretty much summed it up. But instead of telling her your not pregnant no more tell her this " I'm not pregnant ANY MORE"
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 1:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Please dont tell her the baby died and gone to heaven or anything like that, she will not understand fully, just tell her you made a mistake and you are not having a baby...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• That is just soooo sad! ~~ I don't even know what to say, except that you had better tell her soon. What you did was extremely irresponsible. It would've been a lot easier to tell her that another family was going to take care of the new baby for you, than to "start to think that you're not ready for another kid". You made a very selfish decision, and now you will have to live with the consequences. If only your precious, innocent little baby would've had the same chance!! ~~ What are you gonna do if you "start to think" that your daughter is too much trouble, too???
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I wish everyone would stop bashing this poor woman. She made a mistake. Who knows her situation? Maybe she was in a bad relationship and the guy didn't show his true colors until she was a few months along - I went thru this, too and that was the reason I had my abortion!
    Original poster - tell her "Mommy isn't having a baby anymore. Maybe some time in the future". My daughter was almost three, and this was a good enough answer for her. Good luck to you and your daughter, and don't let jedgemental people upset you too much.

Anonymous

• I was pregnant in an abusive relationship- guess what -i left the relationship and my daughter is the sweetest most wonderful child. I could never have even considered ending her life.
    There are other options even in that situation.
    I don't want to step on a moral high horse because I have many many short comings of my own. BUT Perhaps our "judgmental" opinions will keep this woman from making the same mistake again.

That said- the fact here is that the mother asked for our help with her child- and that is what us other mothers should be offering. The little one she has at least deserves our helpful input.
    She will hopefully learn on her own the consequences of her decision.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Personally I think you are a troll but if not...I had a miscarriage last year and I told my daughter that the baby went to heaven and maybe someday I would try again. She understood and it really did not affect her as much as I thought it would. My tummy had not gotten bigger so she really did not understand I was pregnant. She was 3 at the time.

jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2009