Has anyone had VBAC?

I had a c-section with my first child in August '05.. and now I'm considering having a vaginal birth with my 2nd.

Has anyone done it? Were there any complications?

Thanks!

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 12:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are some VBAC groups on Cafemom. I know a women who had a homebirth after 2 c-sections and I know a lot fo VBAC moms who did it naturally, no complications. You will need to find a doctor, or midwife, who will look at your records etc and will take you as a patient (if you can get a midwife, do that). It also depends on why you had a c/s, how you were cut, etc. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i to have asked this and dont usually get much of a responce i dont know if its because no has done it if they just dont wana answer your question lol.
    Anyway i had a c section with my son back in 2001 and this time around would like to have a vaginal birth so i did a little reasearch and had to search for a dr that would do them.
    So heres my advice if you truly want to try dont let anyone tell you that you cant unless its a medical reason. Second make sure your dr is 100% ok with doing it and that the hospital you will deliver at will do them. They are bannd from alot of hospitals and drs just wont do them anymore dont know why. Do alot of reasearch online everything i have found says most women have a 60 to 85 percent chance a vaginal delivery. It all depends on why you had a c section. i wish you the best luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Thanks so much for your answer, Mommy2B04.. I had no idea some hospitals banned them! I'll have to talk to it with my doctor. I just found out I'm pregnant, so I haven't seen anyone yet, making appointments now! Thanks again!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No, but I want to attempt one for any future children. I had a c-section in June.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I had a VBA2C in 2007. I'm having another in about 3 weeks. I had no complications and it was a wonderful homebirth!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009