Senior Week at the beach

My dh and I have a condo at the beach and have offered to let my 18 yo son and my soon to be 17 yo dd have some friends go down there for Senior Week. My dh and I both would be there with our other children. I had mentioned this to someone and they think that it is a big recipe for disaster and that the kids will go out and do stupid things. I don't necessarily agree with this person because my kids will have a curfew and I will know where they are and what they are doing and I trust my kids fuly. Also the parents all know each other and we know the kids that would be there with us. What is your ladies take on this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I agree that if you are there,things will be more controlled with curfews,rules,etc. BUT,you also have to remember kids will be kids and senior week is usually the time they try to spread their wings a bit. You have to have some trust as well and you know how your kids were raised,does help. BTW,my son went to senior week with his gf and 6 male friends. They did great,and I didnt worry too much(moms do that alot though lol)because I knew he was raised right,hadnt been in any trouble and you honestly have to allow them to be kids and hope they know whats right and wrong. Should be fun for all of you!!!
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 11:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think that you being there and you giving your kids the condo on their own are 2 totally different things, and I don't really foresee many problems if you guys are there...maybe the people that you have talked to misunderstood the part where you said you will be present?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• How many extra kids are you talking about? Do you think that you and DH can supervise all of them? Do the kids know they will have a curfew? Do you have a back-up plan in case something happens, like finding out one of the friends is wasted from drinking?

I don't think it's a problem as long as you think about everything NEGATIVE that could happen. I personally wouldn't send my son anywhere during a Senior Week without DH or I being there. Not anything against you, but I know some parents have different views than DH and I.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i agreee with above poster,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2009