Can anyone help?

I have a friend in Arizona that is having twins and just lost her job. They think the twins are going to come early ( at least 6 weeks) and she doesnt have much. Her husband is overseas and is going to miss the births and really cant give her much money to buy anything. SO I am asking from one mom to another, If i give my address or hers if any mom out there can send things they arent using, pacifiers, blankets, preemie girl clothes, diapers, formula, ANYTHING. She is very depressed and doesnt know what to do. I am trying to help her but its hard because Im in ohio and shes in arizona. I can only send things to her. I love her to death and if anyone could take the time and be an angel and help us, i would appreciate it but she would be eternal grateful! Email me on here or at izzismom08@aim.com.
Thanks soo much!

izzismom08

Asked by izzismom08 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was going through the same thing before. My sis posted something on www.craigslist.com asking for free baby stuff an told my story, You wouldn't believe the response!!! I got a ton of stuff, 2 huge boxes, and it helped out a ton! You would be suprised how many moms have some NB diapers left over, I ended up with 150 after I added all the little bags of 5-10. LOL. You should do that and post in Arizona, then they can meet her like at a store or something and put it in her car (I wouldn't have the go to her house since they will know her husband is gone, safety). Good luck!
    Anonymous

• She should also check into state-aid programs like housing help (they can get low rent if they qualify), state medical insurance, WIC (we see families in our peds clinic that qualify for it even with a spouse in the military). And since she is having twins that will probably be premie, she can qualify to get the babies formula for free or reduced cost by having the MD write a prescription for the formula so that the insurance will pay for it like a medical necessity. Especially if they need high calorie or "specialty" formulas. Craigslist is a great choice too! Browse the FREE section and you can usually find all kinds of baby stuff or post her story. Also, lots of Goodwill stores have very cheap baby items!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009