Need to loose 50 lbs by july 27

wish me luck.....going to eat a 1500-1700 cal diet, fruits and veggies only, lots and lots of water, lots and lots of exercise.

any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Good Luck! That's a lot of weight to lose in such a short time! So be careful! It's taken me 5 months to lose 25 lbs.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I agree with the pp. 50 lbs is a lot to lose in about 6 weeks. I've been on 1200 calories a day since Feb. and have lost 12 lbs. It's slow going, but the weight is staying off.

I wouldn't eat only fruits and veggies, it's not healthy. You need proteins. A balanced diet is what will help you get the weight off and keep it off. Measure everything you eat, and everything in moderation.

Good luck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• The only way to accomplish losing 50 lbs in 6 wks would be liposuction, sorry. You might lose 10 lbs though.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I'm sorry but there is no healthy way to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time. Why do you have to lose 50 lbs by then? Could you aim for 25 instead?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• You should have started way before now. There's no way to lose that much weight without losing muscle as well.

My advice would be to be more realistic. 20 lbs in 6 weeks would be phenomenal.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I swear by Bikram's Hot Yoga.  Class locator :  http://bikramyoga.com/studioLocator.php

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• I also agree with PPs that you're trying to loose too much too fast .... but if you're doing Bikram you tone up and ' wear ' your weight better. Whatever your goals, focus on getting stronger/ faster/ more endurance, this will motivate you more than vanity.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• .... I'm sorry , one more thing :)

You need lean proteins to repair muscles after exercise. I'm 5'4'' 120lbs and I eat eggs, steak, salmon, some sort of protein everyday. If you cut out too much you won't have the energy to workout effectively. Exercise will speed up your metabolism, improve your mood and so much more but you do need the proper fuel and I don't think fruits and veggies alone can provide. Lean protein will also keep you satisfied longer.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• i really want to go veggie or vegan. i can't eat fish or red meat, eggs or chicken will be my best protein source then right?

my dr. approved this diet and said that if i try i can hit 50 down.

i'm 5'4 and 220, thanks to baby weight. my goal weight is 120.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2012

• Why do you have to lose it by this date ? What is going on...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2012