What does neon green snot mean?

My child has had a stuffy nose for 4 days now, (today being the fourth). She doesn't have a fever and until today has a slight cough. I called the Dr. yesterday and they told me to do benadryl every 6 hours and run a humidifier and if not better in 10 days call back. She said that green doesn't always mean anything. Ok, so knowing that does Neon green mean anything?? It has been green/opaque everyday until today. I have never seen snot this color before soooo....just wondering ....does this mean anything?? Have you ever encountered this before and if so what did the dr. say? TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every time my kids had green snot they had an infection of some type and would up on anitibiotics.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 1:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• A cold can last anywhere from 7 to 21 days. Keep pushing fluids, using the humidifier or vaporizer, saline drops for the nose (plus the bulb syringe to help extract mucous) , steam up the bathroom before her bath, and use the benadryl per your doctors orders.
    If after a week you've not seen any improvement or if she starts running a temp, just doesn't seem quite like herself make and appt. with the dr. They still may say it's just a cold but it doesn't hurt to check.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Green is just an infection. As the illness progresses it should turn more of a yellow color and eventually clear.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009