wat can i play w/ a month old babyy?

i feel like my daughter entertiains herself most of the time , shes in the swing wen im busy ... and than on her tummy to play w/ me , but ... wat am i supposed to play , usually i just get a few toys and lay down w/ her and talk to her ...

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds like you are doing just fine with what you are doing. Just introduce bright colors and new sounds to her and you're fine. Its really hard at that age because it doesn't really seem like they "play". Just keep on keepin on and you'll be fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• That's about what I do with my one month old. She's started smiling at me and others, so it's nice to know that all our hard work is paying off. Right now our favorite pasttime is just staring at each other. It's really easy at this stage since babies this young are easy to please. Just make sure she's getting lots of hugs and kisses and attention and she'll be just fine =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Nothing more you can really do. Just enjoy your baby :)
    Anonymous

• Talking to them, singing to them and letting them look at objects as you pass the object past their vision is good! You can also carry them around the house talking, point out objects and telling the baby what those objects are. It's the beginning of a learning process and entertains them. They also have a strong sense of smell. Try taking her around things that are fragrant, explaining them to her what they are. You can also google baby massage methods. Many babies loved to be massaged while being talked to. You can put her on her lap and make bicycle motions with her legs. You can also let her grasp your fingers and gently lift her arms up and down over her head. Baby exercises are fun and also get them nice and tired for bed time. Try a mirror too. Babies love looking into mirrors and you can see the developmental changes in your baby as their reactions to themselves in the mirror change as they get older.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Just talk to her a lot as you go about your day. Get her out of the swing and into a sling. She wants to see the whole house, not just ceiling, floor, ceiling, floor, etc.lol
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• TanyaR1024 - i cant do a sling , my back is HORRIBLE , i cant even carry her far or alot ... my bf always has to go places w/ us so he can carry the car seat or stroller ... hell all i can carry is a diaper bag! it sucks =(
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 8:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009