Vaccuum ?

How often should you replace your vaccuum? Also, what is the best kind to get?? I have 4 kids with bad allergies to dust, plus a short haired dog that sheds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We bought our Dyson a year ago and love it. I can't believe how much dirt, dog hair, and dust it picks up. I can't remember how long we had the other vacccuum ... definitely longer than 3 years. We replaced it because it wasn't picking up hardly anything, so we bought a Dyson. We purchased the normal one, for all floors, not the one for houses with animals, allergies or asthma ($100 more).
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my husband got irobot and we vacuums almost every day it work great too..
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I got a Bissell Healthy Home vacuum this past summer and LOVE IT. I have two dogs, one of which needs daily brushing & still manages to shed another dog's worth of hair all over my house and the Bissell gets it all. I swear, the first time I used it the thing was sucking stuff up from under my floors...rofl. Seriously though, it really does work well and has the microban, which is great when you have pets, plus it has HEPA filtration. The on-board tools are handy and it has a nice long hose (I can put the vacuum at the bottom of the stairs and clean each step all the way to the top w/no trouble). The only negative thing I can think of is that I wish the collection canister was bigger, but I can live with the itty bitty canister to avoid having to buy vacuum bags.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• The rainbow is the best! it even refreshes the air sucks dust in air.It's expensive but you can get financed.Ask around about it.We love ours and alot of people we know have bought one it's worth it.my girls have allergies also.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I also have a Bissell healthy home vac and love it i have 3 kids and i am ocd . i love a clean house and have found this to be a wonderful vac.
    alexissmom75

Answer by alexissmom75 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009