• In the Spotlight:

How do you stay sane from staying In the house all day long with my 8 week old?

I have am 8 week old daughter and I'm starting to go a little crazy staying in the house cause it's cold outside.

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her someplace that isn't cold...a relatives to visit, a walk around the mall, someplace indoors. Also, I think my daughter was about that age (about 2 months) when I let my MIL take her over night. Some moms are like "Oh no, thats terrible, don't let your baby go anywhere, BLAH" but I think that, if you are going crazy, one night of good sleep can do wonders.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• have people come over, open the blinds and let the light in, have music or something in the background, curl up and watch a movie, read a book, nap, clean things you couldn't get to while being prego...in between caring for the new baby of course... Try to enjoy this time, it wont last forever
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Good grief! You give thanks that you're not in an office!
    Anonymous

• I stay home during the day with my 2 boys and we had a snow storm on monday night so I've been trying not too take them out too much. I did go walk around the mall tuesday night just to get out of the house. It helps so much. I also open all my blinds so the sunlight comes in.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree visit relatives the PP had some nice ideas open your blinds let the sun light in invite some friends or family over rest when your baby does too don't forget you still need your rest. Remember that the nice weather is coming I felt like you do too my babies were born in September and January so we were house mouses for a lot of  time, but once spring came they were at good ages to take walks with in the stroller go to a park or  lake and sit in the shade the warm weathers cominghang in there :) I also agree try to enjoy these ages LOL my youngest is 1 year old now and this winter Ive been having major flashbacks of the time he was soo little and I was nursing and I would sometimes run real quick to get diapers at a non crowdedstore with him (germs) I was so scared of germs ,but that was refreshing. Good Luck... (((hugs)))

marie85

Answer by marie85 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i scheduled and called people to come over at different times! They will completely understand if you tell them you want someone to sit with you! i also would go to run some errands to an indoor place.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 1:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• it suck getting on her makes it better... my daughter is 6 months and i have a 2year old... my hubby is gone for weeks at a time and right now we only have 1 car so there are some months i only get out of the house 2 times a month it sucks
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I know i can't wait to see better weather!!! I need to get out of the house as bad as you do...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Having a new baby in the winter kinda sucks, but as long as they are bundled up good, theres no reason not to take um out. You can go visit friends or family. Or get a sitter for a few hours if your not comfortable with having someone keep the baby over night and get out and have a few drinks, or even just on trip to the store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2009