for those of you who are annoyed by non vaxers

If you are so confident in a vaccines ability to protect your child, why should you be scared of my non vaxed child? maybe you are not so sure that vaccines really work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• who said I was scared of non vaccinated children? last time I checked I wasn't.. Hmm
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• then move on to a diff question sheesh lol.
    Anonymous

• I am refering to those who don't want thier children around non vaxed ones
    Anonymous

• Although less likely to, vaccinated children can still get the disease. Having kids not vaccinated makes the likelihood that these diseases will reemerge more likely. By choosing not to vaccinate your kids you put everyone at risk.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 1:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am positive they work and dont personally care if you vaccinate or not. I feel sorry though for your child if they get sick and die from a preventable disease. The choice is ultimately yours though. Mine are protected.

Answer by gemgem at 1:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• "I am refering to those who don't want thier children around non vaxed ones"

That is not how your original post is written.

In answer to the original post as written, I am annoyed with SOME who chose not to vaccinate. However, it has more to do with their incessant "it's poison and it causes autism" CRAP they are always copying and pasting on the threads where someone is asking a legitimate question FOR vaccination. It's their butting in where they don't belong, pretending they know all there is to know about vaccinations trying to change someone's mind when they've already decided what they want to do.

Let them post their crap where it's wanted and stop trying to look down their noses at those of us who decided what we feel is best for OUR children and let them go tend to their children the way they chose.
    Anonymous

• Children who are vaccinated can still get the disease. It us usually just not as severe a case of it. Also, some of us have children at home who have not been vaccinated yet and a vaccinated child can still be exposed and exposed the non vaccinated kids.

I have never heard of someone being afraid of non vaccinated kids though. It would not bother me. It's your kid who will get that sick, not mine.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I'm only annoyed with non-vaccinating parents because they want to shove down my throat how much I'm killing my child by vaccinating and how he could get autism ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I'm not annoyed with all parents who don't vaccinate - only the ones that refuse to vaccinate for illogical, nonsensical, unscientific reasons. Those who believe - against all evidence -- that vaccines don't reduce disease, who reject germ-disease theory, who reject herd immunity, who believe in some bizaare conspiracy to poison children. Those who have an unrealistic fear of "toxins" in vaccines. Those who refuse to evaluate the information logically and do sound risk-benefit analysis and instead seek out only the information that fit their preconceived fears.

They're annoying because they increase the risk that a disease will enter a community and cause problems for those who have very real reasons as to why they cannot vaccinate. Because the benefits of vaccines are not just personal but also based on a certain percentage of a community being immunized.
    Anonymous

• let me play devil's advocate for a moment if i may? I vaccinate my children for the record
    perhaps mothers put total faith in their doctors and are not even aware that non vaccination is an option or that there may be possible risks? personally I wouldn't mind the info being displayed in a post on vaccinations- however I do wish that fearmongering and put downs did not come along with it.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009