I've been seeing a lot of comments about finding answers in under a minute

and I'm curious what that is all about ? And when that comment is mentioned the person is usually being accused of trolling.... I figured out the troll-thing a long time ago....some of them are easy to pick up on but how is it so many of you pick up on them so fast ? There's been a couple of questions I thought were legitimate, which is what makes me ask...what am I missing? lol

FXmomTo3

Asked by FXmomTo3 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2012 in About CafeMom

• I wonder what the motive is? just to be all around annoying?

In a few cases, it's been someone who has been around for a long time, but lost her Answers privileges on her acct, so she makes new ones to start trouble, only she sucks at subtle and always gets caught. General rule of thumb - if an acct is deleted within a few hours, it's CM deleting it - doing it on your own takes longer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I think they may be getting to Answers quickly if they're coming from Facebook.

I don't think they're all trolls; some seem legitimate to me
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 2:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• When you see a name nobody has seen before, notice they are level 1 and only have as many points as you get for answering or asking a question, it's very obvious from their profile if they've been active anywhere on the site prior to using answers. Usually, it's an acct that's only 5-10 minutes old, which means, allowing for how long the acct creation/registration process takes, the only thing they did on CM in the entire time they had an acct was register and click through to answers to ask a question.

Now think back - how did you spend the first half hour you were a member - trolling the Answers section or filling in the blanks on your profile and trying to figure out what things even meant.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• Answers isn't easily found
    hell,half the people who have been on this site for years can't find it. How can newbies be finding it within minutes?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• ok - that makes sense ! some of the questions I know are just off the wall..... and yes, I stopped using CM for a while during the time I was in college - and when I came back, I had the darndest time finding Answers ! I thought it was gone!

FXmomTo3

Comment by FXmomTo3 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• In last last week there has been many new accounts they asked a question and then delete their account.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I'd say a good 75% of those noobs who find Answers in less than 10 minutes, without going to CM groups first, are trolls.
    So, yes, some may be accused of trolling when they are not. But, the rest are.

And, it literally took me 3 wks to discover Answers as a new CM member.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I found answers when the Beta debate was going on. I was on here for 2 years before i knew about it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• DJDNY - haha, it was your comments on some that had me wondering because you would congratulate and welcome them - and I didn't know if you were a CM admin or if you were a member using sarcasm and pointing out the trolls, or what....lol (sometimes I can be naive, so unless a question is blatantly ridiculous or itentionally agitating, I might not pick up on it)

I wonder what the motive is? just to be all around annoying?
    FXmomTo3

Comment by FXmomTo3 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• In addition to the above statements- don't forget these "trolls" post a question and then aren't heard from again.

Motive?
    School's out for summer...Alice Cooper.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2012