I got a serious question, i really need help on this....

OK SO I MET THIS GUY(WHO HAPPENED TO BE MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR) AND WE GOT MARRIED JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO, AND WE BOTH STILL LIVE WITH OUR PARENTS RIGHT NEXTDOOR TO EACH OTHER....WERE IN THE PROCESS OF LOOKING FOR OUR OWN PLACE....WELL ANYWAYS WE JUST HAD A BABY WHICH IS 2 1/2 MONTHS NOW AND MY "HUSBAND" ALWAYS WANTS US TO GO OVER N STAY THE NITE AT HIS MOMS BUT WHEN I ASK HIM TO STAY AT MY MO,S THERES ALWAYS AN EXCUSE....SO HE CALLED YESTERDAY N ASKED IF I WOULD COME OVER TO VISIT TODAY, SO I WAS LIKE "SURE, FOR A FEW HOURS"AND SINCE I TOLD HIM WE WERENT GOING TO STAY THE NITE UNTIL HE CAME N STOOD THE NITE WITH US HE GOT MAD AND TOLD ME "I WILL TAKE MY SON WHEN I WANT AND FOR HOWEVER LONG I WANT" I SAID "NO YOU WONT, HE'S JUST A BABY, HE BREASTFEEDS, HE NEEDS HIS MOM"....HE TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO TRY AND GO TO COURT TO TAKE MY BABY FROM ME....CAN HE DO THAT?....WHAT DO I DO?....

2KandyS0Sweet9

Asked by 2KandyS0Sweet9 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WTF? And you married this guy? No he cant' do that, and don't stop breastfeeding. I would consider reevaluating your married to a complete stranger. How old are you?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• First off and this is just my opinion, if you got married you ought to choose one house or the other, and all live together as a family. As for can he take your baby, that's up to the courts, but yeah he can fight it. Remember it's his baby too.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 1:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• are you guys together im confused
    Anonymous

• Umm this is very strange- number one you guys don't even sound like your married. If you guys are married then you should be living together. He shouldn't have to call and ask you to come visit that sounds like you two are still dating. Anyways. If you are married then you two will probably have to be legally seperated or divorced. And since you both are relying on your parents and if he can't prove you to be an unfit mom I'm sure he can't do anything. But I don't really know just my guess
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I would get that marriage annulled immediately. You laid your personal life out there, so I am going to be very honest with you based on the information you've given. Getting married to someone you hardly know (and doesn't accept your family), getting married when you can't live together and still need the support of your individual parents and having a baby are decisions you made together. You're about neck and neck in the poor decision making department there so I doubt he would be awarded custody over you. That's just the thing though, you've made a couple of very bad decisions. Hopefully his parents will not use that in attempt to seek custody from BOTH of you. Start making smarter decisions and begin to prove you are a responsible adult. Then, you wouldn't have to worry about someone taking your baby from you. Do not stop breastfeeding. Until a judge says so, that child should not leave its mother's care.

Anonymous

• I am sure he has to actually start divorce proceedings on you ,to try to get custody of the baby.

Answer by louise2 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Sounds like a psycho to me. GET FAR AWAY! And why the hell is this question in the babies section???
    Anonymous

• You stand your ground!! If he isn't going both ways as to say He will stay at your moms as you do his then don't if they want to see the baby they can come over there. And just stress to him how much you are ready to move. Try and not fight to the best of your ability the baby can since it. But defenitly stand your ground!!
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 1:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• WELL HIS MOM CANT EVEN TAKE CARE OF HERSELF, LET ALONE A BABY. HE DOES IHSS, THATS TAKING CARE OF HIS MOM. SHE'S A REAL HEAVY SET WOMAN AND AT TIMES SHE CAN BARELY EVEN TAKE CARE OF HERSELF, HE PRETTY MUCH DOES EVERYTHING FOR HER....WELL IM 21 AND HE IS 27....MY HUSBAND ONLY BOUGHT THE BABY MAYBE 1 OUTFIT AND A PACKAGE OF DIAPERS....HIS MOM BOUGHT A BASSINET....AND HIS AUNT GOT MY SON A FEW OUTFITS, OTHER THAN THAT I BUT MY SON EVERYTHING HE NEEDS, CLOTHES, FORMULA, DIAPERS, WIPES, WASHING LIQUID, HIS SWING, MOST EVERYTHING HE OWNS, I BOUGHT IT....MY GRANDMOTHER BOUGHT HIM HIS CRIB, CHANGING TABLE, AND DRESSER....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I WANT MY BABY WITH MY, MY HUSBAND DONT EVEN MAKE AN EFFERT TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS SON!
    2KandyS0Sweet9

Answer by 2KandyS0Sweet9 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Formula? I thought you were breastfeeding? Is this a serious question? Sounds like an attention wanter. If he doesn't make an effort why are you married? What is the point of being married if you do nothing that married people do? You're 21! Why the heck are you married, with a baby, and living with your parents?!?!?!?!?!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009