How long should I vistit my very distant family for?

I moved to Michigan with my husband and son a year ago. I am originally from Montana, but my husband is from Michigan. I feel like my husband doesn't really like my family because they are a little "backwoods" He wants me to see them, but when I mention flying out there he freaks out and says he doesn't want me to be gone for very long and how expensive it is. My mom is helping me out with half the airfare and I plan to fly out in July. How long do you think is a reasonable time to ask my husband to stay. I would like to stay for two weeks at least, possibly three, is that too long to ask for? Take in mind I hav'nt seen them for eight months and I have 5 younger sisters, the littlest being 5. They dont ever get to see me and miss me and my one year old son terribly. Thanks I hope I have provided enough background. Thanks T I am taking my child with me and I'm on college break for the summer.

*My husband just thinks its "way too long" to be apart, but I think in a secure relationship 2 or 3 weeks should be perfectly fine! I just want to know if thats unreasonable or not!

MommaTBeck

Asked by MommaTBeck at 3:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2012 in Travel

• Well if it was me being dragged to my inlaws home and we don't see eye to eye...three days.. My husband did 30 yrs in the Navy we spent years being thousands of miles away from family. I do really understand but for me..3 days is about all I can take.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• Do you work outside the home? I asssume your taking your kids with you? If your going alone, I would say a week, if your taking your kids, I don't think 3 weeks in unreasonable.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• Im taking my kid and I'm on college break for the summer.
    MommaTBeck

Comment by MommaTBeck (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• 2 weeks is reasonable since it sounds like he's not going with.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I think 3 weeks is fine,, why is he not okay with that?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I would say 3 is good... but then again a month is even better...lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I'd stay an entire month.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I would stay about a mo th, if it is expensive I stay as long as possible. When hubby is home three weeks to a month. When he is deployed I have been known to visit for a lot longer than that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• 3 weeks isnt too long. Im taking DD to Europe without my DF for 16 days before he comes over. Yes it will be tough, but if you have love, trust and loyalty between you two, it shouldnt be bad. Good luck.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2012

• I would go for the whole summer!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2012