Are you critical of your appearance since childbearing? I know I am!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes and No. Its my body and I'm comfortable with it however I wish I was back down to 100 lbs and size 0 jeans! But I'm not doing anything about it so I can't blame anyone but myself :) There is nothing I can do about stretchmarks so I have learned to accept them and try to find beauty in them.. (I'm still searching for that beauty hahaha)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Not particularly. I just seem to "notice" my imperfections more than I did before I was pregnant. I got my pre-pregnancy body back about a week after I gave birth. But before I get attacked...I wasn't perfect by any means before I got pregnant. I'm overweight, I have stretch marks, I have dark arm hair and fast-growing leg hair...I was by no means a supermodel before I had a baby. So while it was awesome to be able to see my feet and lay on my belly and bend over at the waist again...I don't enjoy not having an excuse for being overweight anymore. I just consider my new stretchmarks my battle scars =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• no. I feel like I'm the same size as I was pre-baby. My pants say otherwise. haha
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 1:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Even though I weigh less now than when I got pregnant with my first I still hate my body. I still cant get rid of the flab. But then again I am not helping it much either. So I guess I cant complain unless I am willing to change it.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I've been working out and eating healthy for a month and lost about 10 pounds, but I just stopped. I hate the way my body looks, I have TONS of stretch marks all over my body and it sucks so bad that I cried over them (long story). I can't even wear a normal short sleeved shirt without putting my stretch marks on display. I used to have an oval-shaped face that people compliment on and now it's just a round face that doesn't look attractive at all. My husband says he doesn't care if I change because he loves me but I know it's not true because I can feel his attractiveness to me changed. I could go on but just let me stop =(
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 2:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I most definately am, but I realize that this is the strong, womanly body that brought my DD into this world. I hate the effects that pregnancy had on me and I try to improve what I can. There are just some things that can't be undone without the help of a plastic surgeon, lol.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I definitly am! I spend more time now on things like hair, makeup and jewelry to try to hide the extra weight I am toting around. :( I know I need to excercise but with a full time job w/ overtime I dont want to take that time away from my son and husband. I have just come to terms with the fact that I am a beautiful mom blessed with a beautiful family and that is SO worth every stretch mark on my body.
    BaByNoAhsMoMma

Answer by BaByNoAhsMoMma at 2:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I Am But Then Again I Am 26 Weeks Pregnant So I Am Gonna Look Different ;-)~
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009