After a certain age, if you are a natural dark brunette, is it tacky to be really blond?

My husband really likes me with blond hair. He insists that I go back after my pregnancy. My daughter has blond hair and my husband has red hair so at least I have the excuse that I want to match my daughter. Do you think it looks trashy if a woman has really blond hair and it is obviously when roots come in, fake? I have fair skin so I can pull it off but the roots show very quickly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont think its tacky its your choice to die your hair you just have to keep up with it alot sounds like. wish i could pull of blonde hair but i cant lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The whole "roots-showing" fad comes and goes. Sometimes it's socially acceptable, sometimes it's not. I don't have a clue whether it's in or out at the moment.

But honestly, a little bit of root doesn't bother me one bit. It's when you get like two inches worth of roots showing that it starts to look a little tacky and trashy. You MUST be willing to accept that in order to have blonde hair, you have to keep it up. You can't just get it done once and let it be. It's a hair color that requires a lot of upkeep, and unfortunately some people don't realize that until after they've already done it.

But hey, if you're willing to do the required upkeep on it, go ahead and go blonde =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• That's up to you. If you want blond hair. It's not my business.

Answer by louise2 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• lol I kinda think obviously bleached hair is kind of tacky regardless of age. maybe a little more natural tone, like a honey or medium blonde would be more becoming. if you like, you can add highlights for that sunkissed look without looking like a bottle-blonde
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I only think it looks really tacky when either the roots are crazy long or you're going almost white-blonde. I don't think your age should matter at all. If you think you look good, that's all that matters =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Louis2 if it was really not your business then you didn't have to answer. Anyway, I agree with teri, don't go for the bottle-blonde look, try something natural and just add more highlights =)
    Anonymous

• I think whatever color you want- whenever you want.
    I am 25 and change my color often...it is my hobby, I enjoy it, and it makes me feel more confident.
    but yes- do get those roots done, a little isn't bad or even all that noticeable to your public (teehee)
    but if it starts bothering you when you fix your hair it is time to get it done.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No, tackiness has nothing to do with age. It has to do with HOW someone looks with blonde hair. Some people look BAD with it...Some people can pull it off good.
    It's not tacky if it looks good.
    Anonymous

• You certainly wouldn't be the only one! There's not many "true" blondes out there, past a certain age, anyways. Do what you want -- it's only hair!
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I personally think it does look tacky after a certain age (40?) but thats just my opinion.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009