episiotomy question

how many got one?? and what is the recovery time??? when did ur body go back to normal?

kokopuffs

Asked by kokopuffs at 1:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health

• it depends on how big and the location of the cut. it can be really quickk if its small, or it can be days or weeks if it's large or in an odd place, like a sideline (tranverse) cut
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• it did not add on to recovery time in general. I really didn't feel it too much- and 6 weeks before sex.

I do on a very rare occasion feel a little twinge down there though. it has been four years.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• In addition to the girls above, it's not so bad and better than "ripping". Just keep it cleaned...I continued to use the water bottle to squeeze cool water down there for a week after I went home from the hospital to insure it was clean. This was in addition to the SITZ bath thing as well. LOL Not sure my body will ever go back to normal, but I love my baby and experience soooo much we are trying for number 2 already
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• ooh I used warm water in my squeeze bottle...and tucks pads for the itchies... Miss Heidi, I also enjoyed both of my birthing experiences and am really looking forward to doing it again- even knowing that I will likely need another episiotomy...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2009