Is there any reason a 19 month old should not sleep in a full size bed?

My son is 19 months he sleeps in his toddler bed now but rolls around so much he hits the wall and wakes up at night. We are thinking of getting him a full size bed so he has more room to move when he sleeps. Is there any reason he should not sleep in a bigger bed alone? We are looking at a bunk bed that the bottom is full size mattress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine did. jsut get bedrails on both sides.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My daughter always did better in a large bed, we always made sure that we had teh bed rails up and that when she wanted to get out of bed she knew the safe way of doing it.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 2:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• As long as you have bed rails I don't see why not.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Bed rails or not, there's no problem with it. I know someone who bought their kid a queen. If you don't use bed rails, either put pillows (body pillows or floor pillows) at the side of the bed on the floor or just put the mattress on the floor until he doesn't fall out.

If he's already been in a toddler bed, he's probably pretty good about not falling out? Shouldn't be a problem at all...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I don't think that there would be a problem with him sleeping in a bigger bed. I would be worried about putting a bunk bed in his room though. My DD is a climbing monkey right now and the top bunk would be the perfect launching pad for her!!
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my boys all share a queen size bed. We bought them their own beds but they always ended up in one bed anyway so we just got them one! As long as you have siderails it shouldn't be a problem.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a great idea, since he sounds like a roller. He'd probably appreciate the larger space. And it would economical in the long run, as you won't be needing to upgrade to a larger size in the future.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009