Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military question

does anyone know anything about moving due to a medical condition? I live somewhere that I have MAJOR sinus problems, and i'm on 5 dif. meds right now, and they are starting to not work anymore. So we are thinking of trying to get moved. How or Who do I need to go see about this??

THank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (11)
  • HA HA HAHAH A HAH !!!!!!!!! Sorry, but the military doesn't care about your sinuses. Might as well just find another medication, or stay somewhere else until your hubby's next duty station. First of all, have him to talk to his Senior Chief (or whoever he has in charge of him if he isn't navy) but I guarantee you, he will only laugh. It sucks, but that's just the way life is.

    Answer by navy-wife at 2:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • yea. . .that was a nice way of putting it. i'll make sure to laugh at you next time you have a serious question.

    Its to where they are debating on surgery for me. IT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR ME. thanks.

    and yes, THEY DO CARE UP HERE. sorry you might have gotten screwed where you were.
    anyways. anyone else have a real answer? any help?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Try a neti pot. this is what I use for my sinuses. I still have to use a corticosteroid nasal spray, but between the two, I have had wonderful results.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • i think you would have to talk to his superiors like his CO i thought that if it was medically nessecary that they made special arrangment for your family i have a friend who in the navy with me and he has a child with special needs and they made special arrangement for where he was stationed but i would talk to you husbands superiors

    Answer by symle456 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • I'm not sure about the military part of it though. Maybe ask your doctor who to talk to?

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • I wasn't trying to be snobby, just saying that the government doesn't care about your sinuses. Now that you've mentioned it is bad to where they are debating surgery (is it an environmental hazard specifically where you are? If so, can you prove that?) then maybe if you have a doctor statement saying that, they may do something, but the likely hood of that is slim.

    Answer by navy-wife at 2:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • You need to talk to your husband's first sergeant. If you can somehow prove that environmental issues specific to that area have caused your sinus problems then you may have more of a case. We are Air Force, and believe it or not, they DO care about families here lol!

    Answer by AprilDJC at 3:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Yea, we're from Arizona, and moved to the Noth West, and as soon as we got here, I've been in and out of the doctors office for problems. I have a years worth of documentation of stuff. And my house is so old that the Floor boards under my kitchen are so old and nasty that the housing mgr (he came out and looked himself) said that they could cause a person issues. So i have them on my side. I'm on the irrigation system thing, a nose spray, claritin, singular, flonaise, an antibiodic and on allergy shots. (i feel like a druggy. .)

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Sorry but i highly doubt they will move you just because of that..

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • you could try going through emfp (exceptional family member program) they will try to make sure he is stationed where you can be, but even that isnt a guarentee, but it is worth a shot.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN