• In the Spotlight:

How much do you pay someone to walk your dog?

My dog is a pain to walk with the kids and she could use the one-on-one time and get some good exercise that we're not able to give her right now. We are just looking for a teenager who would love to make a few bucks but not sure what to pay. Please help!

TylersMama05

Asked by TylersMama05 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pets

• How long of a walk? If it's just around the neighborhood or something, I think $5 would be just fine. If you want them to keep your dog our for an hour or something, $8 or so would be fair I think.
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 2:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If it is just like a 30 min walk I would pay $5, for an hour walk I would pay $10.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I used to do this and I was probably not paid very much but I didnt mind. I think it came to about $5 per walk and some change.
    traciecline

Answer by traciecline at 6:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• theres a kid on my street that charges $9/hr...now i personally wouldnt ever pay someone to walk my dog..but thats just because i have trust issues..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My husband walks the dogs himself...and they were both PAINS at first. They've done it so many times now that they are great to walk with :) Maybe hubby can walk them around for awhile to get them the attention?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• My husband does it or I kick his butt. Theyre big dogs and its hard for me with a baby. but ill walk them if my husband has the baby. Just learn some training techniques and work with them. If you have to pay somebody I would get somebody that I know or soembody that was referred. I have a hard time trusting people.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I wouldnt ever pay anyone to walk my dog for liability purposes!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I use this as my alone time. Someone should be paying me!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Nope I walk the dogs with my husband .I have three boxers and one saint bernard can you just imagine walking that saint bernard we do it .We are dog lovers .Nope noone is going to walk our dogs but us.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• People do this and get paid??? I need to look into this. Getting paid five dollars to get exercise and pretend to have a cool dog. Awesome!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2009