Do you like your name?

Have you always liked your name, or did you want a different one at one point in your life?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 2:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't remember ever hating my name. I dislike the fact that NOBODY can spell it correctly because of all the vowels (Caitlin), but in the end it's my name and I don't want to change it lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My name is Jennifer and I've always had a love/hate relationship with it. Obviously I am always surrounded by other Jennifers and eventually in high school, I just stopped responding to it if I heard it called out in the hall because chances are they weren't yelling at me. I attract nicknames and most of my friends never call me Jennifer anyway. My mom considered naming me Jessica and for a while I thought I wanted to be named that since it wasn't quite as common, but I'm over it =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I use to change my name every day when I was little, I was Daisy and Betsy and countless other names. Not because I didn't like my name, I think I was just testing my mom! She played along. But I like my name, it might be a little too common though. (Andrea)
    Anonymous

• i love my name its charlotte and i love it cause its french plus it was my grandmothers name and i was really close to her before she passed away
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I like my name. I didn't so much when I was younger. It's different and people would always have trouble saying it. I married a guy when a weird last name. I think I just got use to spelling everything out for people I dont think twice about it any more ;-D.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 2:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I don't like my name. My dad named me and my twin brother, Elaine and Edward. My mom wanted to name me Angela. Love that one. I love Elaina also. Some people use to call me that.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 2:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I like my name (Kimberly), but when I was younger I wished it had a cool spelling like Kimberleigh or Chimberley. I don't know, I guess I wanted to be different. I didn't mind being called Kim but hated Kimmey because it made me think of that goofey girl on Full House.
    BaByNoAhsMoMma

Answer by BaByNoAhsMoMma at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I've never really thought about it, but I guess I like my name okay. My name is Melissa and growing up, I was never the only Melissa. In my grade alone, there was Melissa Kay, Melissa Sue, Melissa Ann, and Melissa Renee. We all went through school being called by our first and middle names just to differentiate.  When we named our daughter Bella, we thought we were getting a unique name. Then everyone started naming their little girls Isabelle, Isabella.....she's the only Bella that I know of though.

Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I've alwys hated my name. I've had people calling my house thinking they are looking for DON when they are looking for Dawn. I hate all the 'crack of Dawn' and Dawn dish soap jokes I've had to put up with my entire life. No one in my family ever even called me Dawn; they called me Missy because my middle name is Melissa. When I went to kindergarten, I could only write Missy. I had no idea my name was even Dawn. I remember crying and arguing with the teacher about it!

I just don't understand why my mother even named me Dawn if she was never even going to call me that!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I've always disliked it. It's too overused. However, at this point, it'd be dumb to change it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009