did you change your hair after you had your baby?

I've heard the joke about having to get all your hair chopped off once you give birth. I personally haven't changed my hair or anything, I let it grow while I was pregnant and I'd like to grow it out some more.

So...did any of you drastically change your hair color/style after your had your baby?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am getting ready to get most of mine cut off :-D. I can't take it any more. He is 9 months old and the past few months he has ripped my hair off and it looks weird in some places. Hoping the hair girl can fix me up.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 2:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Not on purpose......LOL! For some reason, after my son was born, alot of my hair fell out. It did eventually grow back in, but was much curlier than before.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Nope. Just dyed it...Which is a normal thing for me.
    Anonymous

• I ddn't change my hair until my son was over a year old. I've always had very long hair and always dyed it but stopped dying it when I got pregnant. After my son was a year old I got bored and chopped it all off and dyed it black..LOL. I didn't do it to make my life easier I just did it cause I wanted a change fo me..LOL.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Nope, just because I became a mommy didn't mean I was going to start looking like one! My daughter is 3 and I still have long hair and I still get it highlighted!
    Anonymous

• I went from long brown hair to blonde hair. It was the best thing that I ever did.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I had my very long hair cut when my firstborn was less than one month old. I was so tired of it being crumpled up and pulled in her tiny, but very strong, fists.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Nope ... but my son is now 8 months old and I'm itching to chop it all off! But I live in MI and it's damn cold here so I may not go as short as I'm thinking :)

It must be a new mom thing ... short hair is WAY easier to deal with when you have kids :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I didn't change my hair.... but my hair changed. It used to be just barely wavy... now it's spiral curly. For some reason it just got curlier and curlier as my pregnancy progressed with my second child.. I was 20.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I used to just put it up and then when my kids turned like 5, I donated it and now it's super short. My hair also got super curly after I had my kids - but only from my ears down lol!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2009