Direct deposit or wait for a check?

When i do my taxes, i have always waited for the check to come.It always takes like 8-12 weeks. It is one of the brown ones that comes from the treasury. I was just wandering how many of you wait for a check or do you do direct deposit so you can get it faster. If it is through h&R block, do you know what the fee is for direct deposit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• We always do our own taxes and get the direct deposit. It comes so quickly that way.
    Anonymous

• direct deposit!!!! it only takes 2-3 weeks!!!
    Anonymous

• There is no fee for direct deposit at H&R block, only if you get the emerald card that day with your money (and it's usually $30) We got direct deposit and it took 9 days for us to get our money. Make sure you bring a check with your account number on it and know your banks routing number (not on the check)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I always do Direct Deposit. I filed my taxes on Tuesday and I am suppose to get my refund on Feb. 6th (next Friday). I used TaxAct and the cost for Direct Deposit was $15.95.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I always do direct deposit too. I don't think there is a fee for it and if there is then H&R Block is ripping you off, but I think they are a rip-off anyway. I do my own taxes online for free and I always choose direct deposit and it is usually deposited within 2 weeks. If you choose to do them yourself there are links on the irs webpage so you can do them free. hth.
    Anonymous

• My mother does our taxes and we always get them direct deposited. It only takes on average 2-3 weeks that way.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• direct deposit its way faster plus you dont have to worry about your check getting lost in the mail
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• ALWAYS direct deposit! You get it in about a week or so! It's awesome! Plus, it saves you a trip to the bank.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• There is a difference in eFiling with direct deposit and those rip off rapid refund loans through many of those tax companies. I always direct deposit. I get it in 1-2 weeks. No fees. RALs are horrible and I wouldn't do them
    Anonymous

• Direct deposit straight from the IRS is 8-10 days. They have a schedule that you can look at to see the date that you file, and the date that they send the deposit. Just remember that your bank could have certain rules that might take it longer, like if they hold the check till Monday or something, but most do not.

Preparing your taxes yourself online for free is the best way to go about it. But remember that free prep might not mean free efile, so be sure and use a co. that says free efile.
    HRBlock does not charge specifically for direct deposit. What you will pay for is preparation of the return, and then if you don't want to pay for the prep fees that day, you can take a bank product. These do cost.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009