update

for those of you who helped so much. they are putting a feeding tube in my dad today. which didn't bother me til i talked to the doc and he told me the pros and cons which there seemed to be more cons. but the dialasis is doing what is supposed to be doing they won't know the effect on the kidneys for awhile,during all of this he had a small heartattack but is more coherent and aware at this point. so till full of hope. sis is home from georgia she arrived last night and they went to see him. i wanted to go but too cold to take the little one out so i will probably go tomorrow when i have somone here to watch her. has anyone had to deal with feeding tubes and did everything go as planned?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm so sorry to hear about the feeding tube but glad the dialysis is showing to be promising.
    If i was near i would help watch the little one so you could go, which may help ease your mind first hand on things.
    I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's health. You're both in my thoughts.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• thank you. we're hopeful he will improve but the doc said he will be headed to a nursing home before anything soo thats not good he has already been there twice for like four or five months at a time and it breaks him when he is there. he is just so sad
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Oh my. I am sorry, Jodi. Thank you so much for the update, I've been wondering. It is too bad about the nursing home, too. I'm glad to hear that your sister made it there.

Answer by Bmat at 2:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My prayers are with you and your dad. He is in good hands with the doctors. In the meantime it is good that your sis is there to help out a little for support.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Can he get hospice care at the home? My Gma does and those people are wonderful. They let us know if any shit is going on in the home. The home knows they are watching her so they had better take care of her or we will hear about it. They know that if we have to drive from Toledo Ohio 10 hours to MO we will be kicking some serious ass! I pray all goes well with him..please keep us posted and be sure to look into Hospice care...they truly are the best.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with salexander. Hospice is DEFINATELY something to check into. When my Grandpa was dying from cancer they had hospice come out, and those are the nicest people I've ever met in the medical field. It also pays for all the equipment he will need. I'm not sure if it's income based, but I know my grandma didn't have to pay anything. They will help you with any info you need, they have a nurse come out very so often.

I truly hope things work out! My uncle was on kidney dialysis and they told all of us that he wouldn't make it another 6 months, but he lived for 2 years and eventually died from a stroke. So there is still hope. Please don't give up yet! I don't know much about feeding tubes. My mom was on one, but only for 3 days. She didn't have any problems with it other than a sore throat after it was removed.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009