COULD THIS BE A REASON?....

Academia.org reports that, according to a study done by the American Enterprise Institute, LIBERAL PROFESSORS often outnumber conservatives by 10 to 1, and sometimes 20 to 1.
Do you believe this had anything to do w/ the outcome of the recent election, and/ or the gradual socialism of America?
(I have seen this 1st hand at college recently. It's EVERYWHERE and VERY PERVASIVE) YOU'RE PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!!

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 2:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have a mind of my own. I don't listen to my professors when it comes to politics- I can do my own research.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• That is funny you posted this. I just read an article of liberal teachers as early as Middle School and the biased impact they have on Children. Also, how conservative college students are being graded DOWN because they share their opinion and they do not match up with the professor.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think lack of education had a larger role in this election. Sadly, a majority of Americans do not really understand the political system or the way our government works. I do agree that schools and colleges have a huge influence. It's very difficult to be 100% objective when talking about politics - especially in college. When I was in college, all of my government/political science professors were liberals. I am very conservative so it made for some interesting debates. But most of them did try to influence my opinions by using their "power" and "knowledge." But in this past election, you have to look at other things as well. For example, there was a record number of black voters turn out to the polls this time. When they actually polled these people, less than 20% actually knew the main points that Obama stood for. I think the professors do play some role in it but I think mostly, it's lack of education.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Jeremysmom,

Not many 18 yr. olds do.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am in college and have never- even in an American politics class ended up having a discussion regarding who we should vote for or any other debate of the hour. i couldn't tell you what political persuasion any of my professors adhered to. It just didn't come up. I am in my last semester of a four year degree.
    yes the professors may be liberal, but it has not affected my education in any way.
    have you considered (and i am a moderate) that these professors are learned people and perhaps their decision is an intelligent one based upon facts and prior experience?

(I don't really know- but I do have a lot of respect for my professors and while they wouldn't change my mind politically them being liberal or conservative would not change my opinion of them either)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• If a person is persuaded easily by the opinions of others I do not blame the teachers/professors but the parents who did not instill a sense of self and personal responsibility in their children...Democratic or otherwise.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• conspiracy theorists, unite!
    break out the tinfoil hats!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I am looking at numerous statistics, personal experience and I have read hundreds, I'm sure thousnds are available, of complaints by people who were forced to listen to the attempts of liberal professors to indoctorinate students held captive in their classes. This is almost always perpetrated by LIBERAL prof.'s.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• really, it is?
    because i've experienced the exact opposite.
    believe it or not there are nuts on both sides and those nuts have careers. they're teachers, bus drivers, you name it.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• micrespo,

Been around an 18 yr. old lately?
    Raised a kid.
    Professors on campus COUNT on their innocence and naivete'.
    People aren't the same at 20 as they are at 40...................uh, ideally.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009