my 2 year old cries when she uses the potty

i have no idea why. i understand that she is scared sometimes, but its kinda got me worried. i've been trying to potty train her for a few months now. ans she has been wearing underwear, she knows when she has to go potty and she tells me when she has to go. when i take her to sit on the potty she is ok, but as soon as she starts to pee or feels like she is about to she starts to cry. has anyone experienced anything like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't think she does because when she does wear diapers and she pees in them she doesn't cry or anything. i think she is just scared of using the potty.
    Anonymous

• nearly ALL kids will cry and be fearful of bowel movements. Maybe during these times on the potty is when she is needing to go poo. Just a thought.
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 3:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Is she going on the toilet or on a kids potty chair? If she's using the actual toilet she could just be afraid of it. I
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• she uses a kids potty. she wont even sit on a toilet. the times that she does use her potty its when she has to pee. i cant get her to poop on it.
    Anonymous

• It's an anxiety issue. My son experienced this when he first started potty training but it didn't last very long. I have babysat numerous kids in the past who have had this problem. Try getting her mind off of it. Instead of having her concentrate on pottying try talking to her to get her mind off of it so that it isn't so scary. With the kids that I babysit we talk about their favorite toy, their best friend or maybe a favorite TV show. Once they aren't thinking about what's going on it's not so scary anymore. When she is done just make sure you compliment her so she knows she went potty by herself. Eventually she should get over it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• thank you guys for the suggestions and advice. i know its just gonna take a lot of patience. :)
    Anonymous