Joy of breastfeeding?

It's like you get up in the middle of the night to your baby cryes all sleepy and tired, innoyed and cold.But as soon as you put him to your breast you feel such joy and happiness to have this baby in your arms! I guess it's some kind of hormonal thing... does anyone have that felling?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never did. I'm always glad to read those who enjoy it and can do it. I couldn't and the only time we were finally able to bond was when I started giving formula. THEN I had the feeling you describe!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I absolutely love breastfeeding my babygirl! I love knowing that I can calm her down no matter what, and that I can do for her/give her something that no other person can! Its the best feeling in the world!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• yeah. I did enjoy it, and so much easier than making and warming up a bottle lol
    I am pretty sure there's some sort of chemical thing going on here too...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I hate the dishes so I LOVE BF. BF does release oxytocin which is a feel good hormone(aside from labor). My DD is 7mos, when I take my shirt off to feed her she goes nuts. My husband calls her a tasmanian devil because of the sounds she makes. Its sooo funny.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• hormones are definitely involed!
    scroll down to the part about 'hormonal health:' http://www.enotalone.com/article/3609.html
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• A scientist would probably credit endorphins and other invisible things, but I call it pure Mommy love. It's as close as you can possibly get to your baby physically and emotionally, and you're giving that darling exactly what he/she needs for both physical and emotional health. Good for you! I am glad you are enjoying it.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• YES, it is awesome....they are so satisfied....my daughter is learning sign language so when she wants me, she does the sign for milk and if I don't hurry he does it really fast and starts to cry...as soon as I lay her on the boppy and pull that bra down, she is A OK....the most content child...and when I go to switch breasts, she gets upset again....she just loves it...
    blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 3:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I enjoyed the beginning of breastfeeding and thought I could handle the pain, but I was unprepared for how much it was going to hurt. Plus my son wanted to eat so much, and so often, that I was never able to recover from the last feeding.

So needless to say, it WAS NOT an enjoyable experience for me. I was crying through the feedings, my son was crying because he wasn't getting satisfied.

Once I switched to formula, it was like a night-and-day difference. Suddenly, everyone was happy!

I'm looking forward to try again with Baby #2, whenever that will be. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as with my son.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I breastfed and was glad I did. The downside is Daddy couldn't feed him in the middle of the night. lol. Yes the bond you form with your baby is precious and it carries over until they are older. My son is now 15 and he knows he was breastfed and isn't 'grossed' out by that fact. You will also discover, that your baby won't get sick as much either since your antibodies are in your milk. It is proven fact that breastfed babies are healthier. You don't have allergies to formula and colic to deal with. Breast feed as long as you can, it's the best you can do for your baby.
    Tweet68

Answer by Tweet68 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009