My baby is three and a half weeks old. How can I get him to start sleeping through the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not going to happen that early. Sorry. Learn to deal with it. It's part of life.
    Anonymous

• BTW. He will sleep through the night when he's ready.
    Anonymous

• You can't... and don't waste your time trying sweetie! And honestly a baby that young still needs to be fed during the night, and early morning hours!!! Give it time, he'll start sleeping through the night when he is ready! Don't try to force it. Goodluck momma!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My daughter starting sleeping thru the night at 6 weeks, but I think I am one of the lucky ones, and it was about 8 hours and then fed and sleep another 3 or 4. The other moms are right, he will sleep thru the night when he is ready, you can't force that. He is young and needs his nutrition, even in the night.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• you cant !!!!! he will sleep through the night when he is ready... Do women really believe after having a baby they will sleep throught the night, only eat 3 times a day and never cry.... come on people, these are babies. Yeah Im posting anon because OP did, If this is even a real question
    Anonymous

• he needs to feed and be changed. He will sleep through the night soon enough
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Sorry you may have a long road ahead.. My advice is to catch a nap when you can. I went back to work 4 weeks PP so I can sympathize with sleepless nights and VERY tired days.. but it'll get easier. Just remember your baby NEEDS to wake up and feed right now; he is not doing it to be "mean" lol
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• babies need to eat when they are hungry and that includes feedings throughout the night.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No! If your baby is waking up - it needs to! Remember the tummy is very small and they need to eat more often.
    Anonymous

• my son started sleeping throught the night at 4 weeks ladies so it isn't impossible.
    but he did it on his own.. there isnt a way for you to just make it happen
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009