Any good advice for a night at home w/ the kids for valentines day...i am unable to find a sitter for my 3 kids because one will be only 5 days old!

I was wondering if there was anything semi romantic for a night home on valentines day i will of just had a baby and won't be able to leave but don't want the day to come and go because last year my husband was in iraq so its our first as a married couple.

spicher_2004

Asked by spicher_2004 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Dude - a good V-Day with kids including a 5 month old?

The most romantic thing I can think of is a NAP.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• We had a 6 day old for Valentines day a feww years back. We just made the kids mac and cheese and then we ordered food from our fav resturant. My husband went to go get it and we enjoyed that in a seperate room while my son watched a movie. then I took a nap!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Congratulations on the new baby and on your husband being home. Have a nice meal with the children. Give them their baths and put them to bed as usual. Then you and your husband both sit on the sofa and talk and listen to music and watch an old favorite movie on TV, and hug and cuddle, of course.

Answer by Bmat at 2:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Why not celebrate before the baby arrives? You might be able to find a baby sitter on a different day other than Valentine's day and you won't have to worry about a newborn baby.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• can you get a sitter to play with the kids but you stay home?
    if you breast feed pump some milk in advance-
    Just ask the person (even a teen you trust) if they can watch a movie and keep kiddies occupied and put them to bed while you two order take out (chinese is awesome)- and you can order enough for kids and sitter but set them up a picnic in another room. You can buy a couple of new toys or games for them to play together- baby will probably just eat and sleep.
    then you two watch a movie and of course nap.
    congrats and hope it all works out for you
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• LuckyClown has a good idea. Last year my SO cooked dinner for us at home and he even included my mom because she was staying with us! Not the most romantic night but I was just so happy I didn't have to cook, he was 10 feet tall to me that night! Of course we saved the champagne for ourselves after everyone went to bed......
    Anonymous

• Maybe the baby will be 5 days late and you can celebrate by giving birth!
    Anonymous

• Is there a family member around to watch the brand new one? And if not, why not get a sitter for the other 2 and bring new one with you? They mostly sleep anyway....just feed before you go out and hopefully that'll get you at least 2 good hours of "alone" time before newbie wakes up. Not quite as romantic as you had probably hoped, but 1 is easier to take along than all 3, ands its a bit better than staying home.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• get together, with the kids and hubby, and make out cards for everyone from everyone (you can even have the older kids make up a card from the baby and have the baby sign with feet/hands.. but check out projects at crafts stores for baby friendly/safe ones), then get some nice romantic movies.. ex. lady and the tramp, for the kids while they are up, and something for you and hubby. and order in, or make dinner something special (you can make eggs and cook them in heart shaped cookie cutters (as long as they are metal or cooking safe. lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Let your kids help you with dinner depending on their age...even if its something like hotdogs and mac and cheese at least you did it together. What a movie. and take a NAP!!! No one will turn down sleep!! After the kids go to bed i know that there wont be any intercourse bc of just having a baby but just be cuddly with your husband. V Day is on Saturday this year so theres no excuse that you have to get up real early for anything. Yes the baby but thats about it. Just make the best of it and good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2009