Is there a way you can look online and see if someone is married or not?

Just curious, because now a days in this dating world you dont know if the guy you are dating is telling the truth about being married or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• The county records only help if he was married in that county. Personally, I'd do a look up on www.zabasearch.com for his name. It will give his address. Then do a search for his last name and state and see if any females come up at that same address. That site also gives birth year so you can see if it might be his mom or daughter but if it's about his age it might be a wife. Some sites will give a husband and wife's name if you do a lookup like on www.whowhere.com or www.four11.com or possibly even whitepages.com for a phone number. Also try www.dontdatehimgirl.com Some women will post a man's name if they find out he's married and lying about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Your county web site
    Anonymous

• marriage records, you may be able to find a place on line , you may have to pay for it though. And if you live near each other, you could always do the county courthouse
    Anonymous

• County web site and it's free to look. You have to pay if you want a copy.
    Anonymous

• You can try county records, but that's not a sure thing. He might have gotten married somewhere else, even another state, and then moved to where he lives now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I understand that you are trying to date "smart", but what happened to opening yourself up to someone and building trust and a relationship? Some married men do date and lie about their status, but thats not the norm. Don't worry too much and just try to enjoy dating.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I don't blame you one bit for wanting to know, I was dating a guy for two years before I found out he was married when he met me. I knew he had moved shortly after we met, but what he failed to mention is that it was out of his home that he shared with his wife.

He got divorced without me ever even finding out he was married. Then when I found out, he thought I should see it as an example of how much he loved me!

These are public records and you can find out pretty easily as some of the other women have said. Better safe than sorry, some men lie and you have every right to the truth. I never would have interfered like that, but was not givien the chance to make that choice on my own. It does happen, and there is no harm in checking!
    Anonymous

• p.s. however, if he owns property in that county you could see that and it would have his wife's name as well on it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• all great answers no need for my input : )
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Depending on where the other person lives you can go into the local courthouse and get files like that. Theres a lot of stuff that is on file and open to the public when you go to the courthouse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2009