WHY IS MY LUTUAL PHASE GETTING SHORTER AND SHORTER?

Ok so in November I was 28 day cycle. Dec I was 27, January was 26, and I started today which made it a 25 day cycle. Each month I am losing a day. Is anybody familiar with anything like this. I have been trying to conceive but I'm not sure what's going on. Anybody have any relations?

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 3:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no clue but if your luteal days become 10 or less then it's VERY hard to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• its normal i been there .
    mine was like that 2.
    i would always get it a day or 2 days before the last period.
    as far as i know your cycle is normal.
    u have ur period every 29 days. which nothing to worry
    Anonymous

• Thank you but my average cycle has been changed to 25 days. Never been 29 cuz it's shorter than normal not longer but thank you.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 3:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• 24-30 is pretty normal.
    Anonymous

• So I take it you are tracking your cycles? Because it could be that your LP is constant, because it usually is, but you are ovulating at different times each month. Typically the ovulatory phase is the one that changes, not the LP.But it is also normal for the LP to be off by a day either way from time to time. You wouldn't know for sure which phase is which unless you were taking a BBT each morning. But you are probably already doing that, so I would ask your gyno.
    Anonymous

• Actually unfortunately I'm not tracking BBT I would like to start tho. But why would my ovulatory phase be changing every month?
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 4:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• When you ovulate can be affected by stress and other factors. You need to start taking your BBT, because I am willing to bet it is not your LP that is off. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler? If not, do so, it has a lot of great information in it.
    Anonymous

• I can also say that with my own cycle I would ovulate on different days each month, day 14 sometimes, day 16 or 17 other times...but my LP is always 12 days. You will only know this if you track your cycle. Hope that helps
    Anonymous

• things that can delay ovulation: stress, travel, medications, illness, strenuous exercise, weight changes, moving.
    Anonymous

• You may be Luteal Phase Deficient. LPD I always had a 26 day cycle, no problem when I had my son at 18 yrs., but when I ttc again from 30 yrs. up, I kept miscarrying. So I did research and asked my Dr. for the blood test for being LPD, and I was right! Not happy about it, but glad to know what was causing the m/c's. (Just so you know, your cycles can be very punctual, but you may not even be ovulating every month! Clomid will help here.)

Taking Clomid will help, if that's the case. Clomid tricks the hormones in your brain into creating more Progesterone, therefore raising the Progesterone level and enabling your Luteal phase to be longer and your body to hold onto a pregnancy.

Ask your OBGYN for the blood work, it is usually done on day 21 of your cycle.

Best wishes!
    JaimesWife

Answer by JaimesWife at 7:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2009