contractions every hour on the hour??

is this just braxton hicks or real contractions they hurt really bad so i was thinking they were real but my sister said no they are braxton hick
im 37 weeks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how close are they together? and how many and hour??
    Anonymous

• More than likely just braxton hicks. I would wait until they are closer together. If they start to get like 10 mins apart or so then I would say they are contractions. If you are really concearned you could always call your ob and see what they say
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my ob all ways just tells me to go to l&d
    no matter wut is wrong
    Anonymous

• i checked into the MW on Sunday, for chest pains. i was having the chest pains as a symptom of my contractions. and since my heart was racing so fast and my chest hurt so bad, i didn't realize i was having contractions. i'm only 28wks, and the nurse said these were NOT BH's. However, she did put me on the monitor, and i had 3 in 47 mins, and she gave me a shot of tributiline. My OB said if I wasn't having 4 within an hour, not to check in, but if I was, to go straight to L&D. I've had them every day this week, between 1130am and 4pm.

In your case, since you're not sure they're BH's or not, I'd check in and get on the monitor to be sure. They can tell you one way or the other, or give you something to make them stop.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• it always sounded like too close together to wait for me, but my dr told me when they are 5 minuits apart for at least an hour then you're probably in labor. but dont worry too much yet, i remember getting them every hour or every half hour for like a week befor i actually had him. good luck if its the real thing! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• my doctor says to go by the "411" Rule.. FOUR minutes apart lasting about ONE minute within ONE hour....

i think thats how it goes lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009