i am about to get a baby quaker and i dont know the sex yet but i was just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on names for a male and for female. it is a blue quaker. thanks

coconut7

Asked by coconut7 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pets

• 1st of all, have you ever owned a Quaker? I ask because I have one. OMG is he loud. We don't know the sex either and I didn't want to pay for the blood test. We don't plan on breeding so need to know. Quakers are wonderful though. They talk and talk and talk. But they are very territorial, and normally attach to one person in the house. They will tolerate others, but fall in love with one person.

Hmm names for a blue Quaker? Male-Lighting Female- Perriwinkle? IDK those are silly but that's all I got sorry.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Sorry the male name is suppose to be lightning
    Angel8203

• How about Mango? That could be a cute name for a boy or girl. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• there is a joke in here somewhere i just cant think of it right now. lol i have never heard of a quaker what is it?
    Anonymous

• What is a quaker?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I didn't know what a blue quaker was ... I love google!

For those of you who are wondering, it is a parrott. Very very pretty by the way.

My parents have a Double Yellow Headed amazon parrott ... his name is Herbie. He is now 25 years old and when he was purchased, my brothers and I picked his name .... Herbie the Love Bug was a very popular Disney movie!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• those are the cutest dogs... they are the same size as my cats...LOL...

How about Gypsy for the girl and Mr. Wizard for the boy

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Quaker is a bird. A Quaker Parrot. Some people call them Quaker Parrokeets, because they are a medium parot. Only get about 6-7" tall. They are very beautiful, but very, very, very loud. Only bird I have ever worked with that was louder was a Cockatoo. They are also very smart, and can have a pretty good vocabulary if worked it. Watch what you say/do around them because they can pick up on things really fast. Our we got when he was already almost 10 and he frequently tells my DH to F-off.
    Anonymous

• Chantilly Pepe Lester Pete Baby

NEW!

Parrot Italian Charms
    Photo Creations Plus offers unique Italian Charm gifts for parrot lovers! Over 115 parrot charms to choose from or use your own picture. You have to see them to believe them!
    photocreationsplus.com

Sunny Bluebird Vergil Paco Floyd
    Skye Pilot Tweety Pita Yingwu
    Maeta Poncho Taz General Lee Sparky
    Pumpkin Ozzie Expo Thelma & Louise Buffy
    Lemon Sony Roxy Buffett Joey
    Maxi Dusty Sammy Gumby Hershey
    Cisco Paddy Rosina Blueberry Croix
    Fidelio Porgy & Bess Carmen Moondust Q and V
    Romeo & Juliet Buster Sunshine Megabyte Scooter
    Moonshine Sugar Sweetie Packer Tazzy
    Wacky Petey Juan Studebaker/Studie Tiger
    Tweets Keiko Cody Snickers MacDaddy
    Littlefoot Okie Rex Monster Chipper
    Minnie Pearl Bart Ricki Kiwi
    Anonymous

• How about Aqua or Sky?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009