Why does she want to sleep in my bed?

My daughter turned 2 in December. She has her own room and she still stays in her crib. She's been her room and bed for over a year and a half but now she wants to sleep in my bed. She cries when we take her to her own room and this past week she's been waking up in the middle of the night and not going back to sleep for hours and only when she's in my bed does she fall back asleep.She has a night light in her room, but turns on the light and falls asleep with the light on. Is this a stage or is she having nightmares? If so how can I help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She misses you. I know my daughter has been doing that also.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My son, he is couple weeks under two, he hates his bedroom. We went and picked out a big boy bed with him, had him help decorate it, and filled it with all kinds of goodies, but he hates it. I put him in his room, and by the morning, he has busted down any baby gate, opened any door, to get to my room and cuddle up with me.
    I think Jem is right. She misses you, and wants the secure feeling that your there. Maybe something spooked her, or she is lonely. I have never found anything that keeps my son in bed, I just figured it was something he would grow out of.
    NiciL

Answer by NiciL at 3:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My nine year old just started sleeping in her room, before that it was the living room, my seven year old DOES NOT sleep in his room, he also sleeps in the living room also and when he wakes in the middle of the night he gets in the bed with me....
    I dont mind, he will move to his room when he is ready, as far as him getting in my bed I dont mind that either, he is the last... I know I will miss it when he leaves.
    On the bright side me and hubby do get alone time, if you know what I mean lol
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009