HELP! SO WORRIED!!

I got my blood test results yesterday and the nurse told us we are pregnant and I was so excited. Today the office called me back and said the doctor looked at the lab results and was concerned about a possible ectopic pregnancy because my last period says I should be about 6-7 weeks and my hcg levels should be about 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml and they are only 30!!!!!!! They want me to go for blood tests every 72hours until they reach 1,500 at least. I am so scared cause I want this baby so much, has anyone been through this and just had low levels? Any advice?

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I am currently going thru this right now. It started on dec.26 when the doctor told me that I was 5 weeks pregnant. I mentioned to her that I was having some extreamly light spotting and she started the blood work and I had it every 3 days since. I am sorry to only have bad newws for you but it may be signs that you will end up miscarring if you are having bleeding. Otherwwise it could be a early sign that it might be ectopic. 1 week after I found out I was pregnant I started to have mild cramping, I passed some tissue a few hours later and assumed that I miscarried. My doctor had me do the blood tests and the numbers were still going up so she assumed I didnt miscarry. then on Jan.9 I had painfull cramping in my abdomen. I went to the emergency room and they did an ultrasound. It showed that it was ectopic. My doctor gave me methotrexatate instead of having the emergency surgery. I will continue in next paragraph...........
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I have bloodwork weekly until my numbers go back to zero.
    When I first found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks my numbers were at 110, my doctor told me a normal pregnancy shold double every 3 days, my numbers always went up but never doubled in the 3 days until the next test. When I had the ectopic pregnancy diagnosed my numbers were only at 399.
    if you get and painful cramping go directly to the hospital!!!
    After the methotrexatate my numbers are lowly going down, today they are down to 120. my doctor aid they should be at zero in another week, then it will be all over. If you need someone to talk to let me know.Holly
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009