• In the Spotlight:

HELP! SO WORRIED!!

I got my blood test results yesterday and the nurse told us we are pregnant and I was so excited. Today the office called me back and said the doctor looked at the lab results and was concerned about a possible ectopic pregnancy because my last period says I should be about 6-7 weeks and my hcg levels should be about 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml and they are only 30!!!!!!! They want me to go for blood tests every 72hours until they reach 1,500 at least. I am so scared cause I want this baby so much, has anyone been through this and just had low levels? Any advice?

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Seems like they would do a simple U/S to rule out ectopic pregnancy. Not blood tests. I would demand an U/S. Dates can be wrong, I can't believe they told you that and got you all worried when it could be for nothing.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• i would demand an ultra sound and not fool around with blood work ectopic pregnancy isn't something I would want to wait around to find out about.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I agree with the pp, I would demand an u/s immediately. If it were in fact an ectopic pregnancy those can be very dangerous, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to do an u/s right away. I have had low hcg levels in the past but unfortunately in my case everytime the level was low it was because I was going through another miscarriage. I pray that this is not the case for you! You should definately get on the phone to your dr's office and start demanding an u/s, that way they can rule out or diagnose an ectopic pregnancy. Please let me know what you find out. I hope all turns out well!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 3:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I was told the same thing when I was pregnant w/ Kaden, and it all came back fine. Have faith that it will be okay, honey. I hope everything goes your way. Good luck!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I went to the ER tonight and made them do an ultrasound because of the pains and they found out that I am only 4 weeks prego and my levels more than quadrupled in two days and they think the pains were caused by a cyst on the ovaries caused by pregnancy!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• Thank goodness everything seems ok! Congratulations!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 6:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009