Will the adoption continue or do we have to start all over?

My husband is adopting my daughter we are in California. The problem is we might have to move to Another state by early Sep. due to my husbands job. We recently started all the procedures and our lawyer did all the filing and we received packet from agency. It's been a couple months and we have not heard anything from the agency. I called and they said a social worker would contact us. Well, if my husband gets transferred we would have to go, but what will happen to adoption process we started here in California.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2012 in Adoption

• You have to call the agency to ask. Indeed, I'd have stormed their castle long ago. so do that first thing in the morning.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• i agree with gdiamante. and explain that you may be moving and do not want to start the whole process again.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I can say we had multiple states. This is how it typically works. What ever work the lawyer/agency did you still pay for. They do an itemized list. Then if you have money being held it gets tranfered to the other lawyers/agency. We did loose out on money but so it goes. These things happen. You are not far in the process and have not lost as much as what you could have. You most likely will have more expences, just because you have to find a new lawyer, but it is not a loss. Agency? Around here we just do a lawyer, GAL, and a private social worker. No agency or agency expenses needed.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• And yes, I believe you will most likely have to start over. It looks like you never really got started in a timely manner. Them, not you.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2012