Concerts and 14 year olds?

so over the weekend i took dd and my young ones to a church carnival, dd met a new friend(i already knew the girl she helps at my young ones day care shes 19 or 20) and i guess they started talking about the concert dd wants to go to (vans warped tour i think its called) so when i meet up with dd at raffle booth where her new friend is working dd asks me if she can go to this concert, and that her new friend (named Elizabeth, i never knew her name the kids all call her mrs.butterfly) offered to walk with dd at the concert and look out for her since it'll be really hot when the concerts going on, dd just told me Elizabeth's fiance(whos 21) will be going with them, im not afraid of them going together, im more afraid of the mosh pits that will be happening at the stages, iv read bad things about the pits at warped tour

so i guess my question is would you let a 14 year old go to a concert with a 19-20 year old woman and her 21 year old fiance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 13, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• A concert with assigned seats where you stay at your seat and all is in order? Sure.

That concert that you are describing? Not on your life.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• Beiber, Selena Gomez, American Idol tour, sure.
    I would not let a 14 year old go to the warped tour period.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I am getting the idea that you do not really know this young woman and not her fiance so my answer would be NO
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• No. Warped tour is not appropriate.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• if i knew the people better i would. but it does not sound like you know elizabeth well and you do not know her fiancee at all. my mom took me to tons of concerts when i was young. is this something you could go to also and just let her hang out, but you will be there in the background to keep an eye on things.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• Not Warped Tour lol, no way. I've never been (wanted to go, never got a chance), but I know a couple of people who have been. A guy in one of my classes a few years ago had a huge scar from one of his trips because of getting knocked into something sharp in a mosh pit, someone else I know was knocked unconscious, etc.. A regular concert, I would have no problem with more than likely, but I wouldn't allow a trip to Warped until she was several years older, if not over 18.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• Under those circumstances, absolutely NO. You just met this young woman and you don't know her fiancĂ©e.
    And I would do my research on Warped Tour before even considering letting my 14 y/o, period.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• depends on how well you know them- is it general admission or are there seats? pits don't really happen when there is seating and there are ways to avoid them if they happen anyway, you just have to be aware of what is going on around you and move out of the way

I take my daughter to concerts with me- both gen ad. and seating, but she is with ME you know?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• I think any concert that has a "mosh" pit does not need a 14 year old girl with her teenage chaperone, that you hardly know. I think at this age, the only way I would allow my kid to go was if I was with her.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2012

• PS,, most concerts in my town are 18years and up unless an adult is with them (meaning over 21)
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2012