Is Mac and Cheese bad to eat if your on a diet??

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As long as you only eat an amount that is the size as the top of your fist or you can eat the low fat or white cheddar kind.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Not if you're on the WIMSEY diet - all carbs, butter, mayo and bacon you want......yum!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• It's all about portion control. Eat only a small amount.

Answer by louise2 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Eat what the box says for serving to know what calories you consumed.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Probably. But OMG the House of Blues here just delivered lunch to our office. We have White Truffle Infused Mac N Cheese. I'm eating it right now...SOOO GOOD!!! I couldn't resist!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• You shouldn't eat it unless not eating it would may you feel deprived. And if that is the case then just a tiny amount. It is full of empty calories and fat. You could try making it with whole wheat mac and low fat cheese and skim milk, no butter, but I don't know if that would be satisfying. You are better off to eat lean meats and vegetables. Even so, if you have your mind set on it and really want it, then indulge. You can compensate by avoiding dessert or other starches.

Answer by Bmat at 4:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I make my own. Whole Wheat pasta with reduced fat cheeses
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Pasta is just full of starches, you can eat it but only eat it in small portions. If your on a diet all meals should be in small portions anyways...When I was losing weight I would eat about 5 small meals a day and put them on the kids plates that we had. With that and cutting out soda, I lost weight really quick and was down to the weight I wanted to be at within 6 months
    cherbear3317

Answer by cherbear3317 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• yes. don't you read the ingredients to anything? but if you are going to indulge put 2 tbs. on your plate of the the mac and cheese, 3/4 of the plate veggies and a "deck of cards" sized piece of meat ( if you want to eat it).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I stay away from all cheese for as much as possible...its so full of fat...I will eat pasta as a side dish the same way you'd eat rice or potatoes...and we pretty much have pasta once or twice a week...if mac and cheese is a must for you, you can eliminate the butter which helps a little...but still even a third of a box is so high in calories and fat content and honestly, I could eat a whole box of it myself, so I avoid it altogether!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2009