Is there a wrong or write way to make a sandwich????

My husband says a sandwich should be made in order. Bread, mayo, cheese, meat, lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard bread. From bottom up. Is there a science to it??? LOL! He is serious and I just don't care. Slap it on the order I come to it. What do you think?

savedbygrace98

Asked by savedbygrace98 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Im a slapper as I go to, I didnt know it had to be made a certain way
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Tell him if he doesn't like the way you do it then to make his own darn sandwich! LOL. I can't really talk though. I'm picky about certain strange things too. It's just a quirk.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Whaaat? I have NEVER put any thought into how I make a sandwich. I guess some people have more time to worry about that stuff than me : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well Iused to work at Wendy's and to them, yes, there is a right and wrong way. Red, White, Green...Red, White Green.
    (top bun)
    layer of mayo
    layer of ketchup
    pickles
    Tomato
    onion
    lettuce
    (bottom bun)
    meat
    cheese on top of meat
    mustard on top of cheese
    place top bun on bottom bun
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Usually I put the mayo on the bread,(both slices). Then from the bottom up. meat, cheese, mustard, tomatoes, lettuce,no pickles, bread.

Answer by louise2 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I like bread, then lettuce, then meat, then cheese, then tomato, then onion, then mustard, then bread. I don't use the mayo on the bottom, only on top in place of mustard if I want it. So, yeah, I do think sandwiches should be made a certain way.

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Well... the meat on the bottom then the cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle etc.. mayo on the bread
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• No there is no wrong or right way to make a sandwich but people do like theirs made a certain way, If he is picky tell him to make his own damn sandwich, but I like the cheese on top the meat and the mayo on top of or closest to the mayo. LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I find it hard to believe he has nothing better to worry about than how you make a sandwich. Life is too short. If he doesn't like your assembly technique tell him to make his own.LOL
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• For some reason, I don't like the cheese going on top of the mayo. Not sure why!

I would say my order would be bread-mayo-lettuce-cheese-meat-mayo-bread.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2009