Does age really matter.....???

Im 22 and have started to see a guy i work with who is 36..! There is a big attraction, we just cant seem to keep our eyes of each other. He is seperated from his wife and he does have a son. We are just two ppl who enjoy each other and is having fun...! But do you think the age matters to ppl...??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I do not feel age can be a big factor as with the circumstances to if the relationship is right for eachother.
    LIke he is still married and has a child and have you went through that or know how to deal with that and so on.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Age does not matter at all, but what does matter is the fact that he is married. Stay away from him until the marriage is final.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• My two cents - enjoy yourself AFTER his divorce is final.

I don't see the age as a primary issue.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Forget the age. you can't find a single man.

Any guy that age is going to want a young women.

They are more naive then women his age.

One other thing, dating a man you work with is not a good thing.

Unless you work in different department.

Anonymous

• Age doesn't matter. I am over 12 years younger than my DH. We married when I was 20 and he was 32. I became a CSM when we married (custodial stepmom) and I love my two bonus sons (now almost 18 and just turned 20). The age difference does show different maturity levels in a committed relationship. Also, being stepmom is the most thankless job a "mom" has. It is rough, horrifying and exhausting. It can also be very rewarding.

I recommend that you don't get too invested in the relationship until he is divorced from his wife and living on his own for a while. You don't want to be the rebound. You don't want the little boy to become attached and then your relationship fall apart, giving him more heartbreak than he is already going to be dealing with.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• he works in a different branch...! so the working thing isnt a problem...!
    Anonymous

• No age doesnt matter but you might want to watch yoursef with someone seperated from their wife until the divorce is final. Thatd be what Id be more concerned with.

Answer by gemgem at 4:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• YES!!! Age does matter. Do you relize that you are still a "young adult" and he is probably going through his midlife crisis, and you are part of it! I've been there and done that ;( Also, do you have children? Being a stepmom is much more thankless and straining than people think. It's great in the beginning and even before you have your own children. Than it can turn into a nighmare....FAST. This man is still married. Right now the age gap does not seem to matter because he is trying to act young.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 4:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• The age difference might matter on some things---like if you want children and he doesn't want any more. It all depends how mature you and him are.

Like everyone else has said, don't get involved until his divorce is FINAL. Lots of people reconcile right before it would become official.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Age may not matter much, but it does matter that he is already married and has a kid who needs his parents to be married for him. You not dating him may not make a difference, but it certainly does not help their chances of having a reconciliation. Also, he should be spending time with his kid, not you. You never know what is really going on in a marriage and they may not be separated or she may think they are trying to get back together. Stay away. This is very unfair to his wife and kid.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009