Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does the hospital give pain meds for toothaches?

Last night my back tooth broke , the pain is horrible. I took a Vicodin I had left over from my c-section & was able to get some sleep (That was my last two pills). Today I have taking Tylenol like crazy as well as Orajel & some other home remedies I've found on the net, but nothing is working. I know they don't do dental work at the hospital , but can they atleast (or will they) give me something for the pain ? I can't function like this , I have a household to run & children to take care of!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2009 in Health

Answers (2)
  • They can or call your dentist and they can call one in for you also.

    Answer by Baby1114 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

  • Yes, they can. Clove oil works better than orajel. Just put a few drops in water (will taste horrible) either use a dropper to drop some directly on the tooth or place a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to the tooth. Back in the old days, clove oil was used to numb the area before dental work.

    Answer by Dani32 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.